Monday, November 24, 2008

I am in LOVE...

...with my new camera! It's a Nikon D-90!



I've never, ever had a camera as nice as this one.

Come to think of it, perhaps maybe I should have entitled this post, "Ways I Spend Money!"

All joking aside, I definitely needed a new camera. My old camera, a Canon Powershot A80, started producing beautiful pictures like the one below a couple of weeks ago. Ugh!



So Brian loaned me his camera, but after about a week or so, I could tell he was itching for it back. Which, is in part, why we ended up at Ritz Camera last week and purchased this beauty!



Well, and the fact that I'd become completely enthralled with Pioneer Woman's pictures. Who is Pioneer Woman, you ask? Ree Drummond (AKA Pioneer Woman) is a blog writer, a photographer (who shoots with a Nikon), a cook, a teacher, and a mom of four who lives on a cattle ranch in Oklahoma. Her pictures are awesome, and her writing is just so stinkin' funny! Oh, and maybe a little demented...check out the posts on calf nuts! Since jumping onto the blog scene in May 2006, Pioneer Woman has earned quite a following. In fact, she's been heralded as the Oprah of Oklahoma. If you haven't checked out PW's blog yet, go...http://thepioneerwoman.com/. Her blog is filled with digital photography tutorials, recipes, funny stories...oh, and don't forget to read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, the story of how she met and fell in love with her cowboy husband, who is affectionately known as Marlboro Man.



Man, I went off on a huge PW tangent there. Lo siento.

Back to my camera...for now, I'm using this digital SLR as a point-and-shoot camera. But I'm really hoping that over the course of the next few months, I'll be able to do more, much more with it...like manually setting the aperture and shutter speed. Baby steps, I know!

Well, I'm off to take more pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new camera...how fun! Ritz has some good classes.I have taken two and plan to take more after the holidays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...