Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Christmas Tree: Part II

Drum roll please...



Ladies and Gentleman: May I present to you our beautiful Christmas tree (I know I'm a little biased) decorated with strands of colorful lights, an assortment of ornaments and an angel.



Here's a close-up shot of the angel. I prefer angels over stars on trees. It's just another little reminder of why we really celebrate Christmas.



I love decorating our house for Christmas! Brian has a Goofy stocking and mine is the stocking adorned with a rose. (I have a feeling you guessed that!) And of course, the pups have their own stockings, too.



I also wanted to share a few of my favorite ornaments with you. I purchased this bone ornament for Lucy a couple years back at a craft fair. Two years ago, I placed it too low on the tree and Lucy took a big bite out of it! (Labs will eat nearly anything!)



This blue gingerbread man was lovingly made by my hubby in kindergarten. Isn't he just precious?!

The gingerbread man almost didn't make it onto the tree this year, though. (No, he didn't run away!) This year, I decided to hang only about half of our ornament collection. I went through the ornament boxes and pulled out my favorite ornaments. I hung the ornaments up on the tree and then placed the boxes out in the garage. The next day, I was taking pictures of my favorite ornaments to share with you and realized that the blue man was missing! Somehow, I had overlooked him. So, I set out to find him, searching through all of the tissue paper and box dividers, and there he was--buried underneath several balls of tissue paper--but in great shape.



And one more favorite ornament...it's a wreath I made in fourth grade! Don't you just love the big bangs look? I'm sure you're wondering what happened to the paper clip hanger and the red berries. Well, they were also eaten by our doggie, Lucy. (I'm learning fast that I need to place edible ornaments up high!)

Now, that you've seen a few of my favorite ornaments, I'm wondering if you had to pick one favorite ornament, which one would you choose?!

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...