Monday, April 13, 2009

Just saying hello!

Two weeks ago, I made this Just saying hello! card for my maternal grandparents who live in Virginia. I realized that I hadn't sent them a note card in awhile and wanted them to know I was thinking of them.

But the card was so pretty that I wasn't quite ready to part with it. :-) So, instead of mailing it out right away, I placed it up on one of the shelves in my workshop. Three days later, my mom called to tell me that my grandparents were flying out to Southern California in just two weeks. My mom asked me if I wanted to fly down with her to see them. Of course, I said, "Yes!" and we booked our tickets on Southwest Airlines (exactly 14 days in advance!) an hour later.


Last week, I placed the card in the mail, but I'm really looking forward to saying hello to my Grammie & Grandpa in person! (Gosh, I think it's been 2 1/2 years since I last saw them.)

A couple of notes about the card...

*Isn't this paper just beautiful?! I fell in love with it at Green Tangerines several months ago. It's hard to see in these pictures, but the flower centers are glittery. I bought two sheets of the double-sided cardstock; one side has flowers on it and the other side is green with white gridlines. (I couldn't remember who made the paper, so I searched through my paper stash, but wouldn't you know that neither of the leftover pieces gives any hint as to who the maker is...ugh...I hate when that happens!)

*I cut a split in the spine of the side-folding card (with an X-Acto knife) and then fed the ribbon through the slit and tied a bow. I prefer the look of a bow over a knot, but bows take a little more work. Mine aren't perfect, but they are getting better.

*Pearls are all the rage right now in card making and scrapbooking and while I'm not always a fan of new trends, I'll gladly jump on this bandwagon. I was born in June; how could I not like pearls?! I enjoy the classic look of pearls, whether they are strung around my neck, adorning my finger or adding beauty to a card.

*The rub-on (from Stampin' Up!) was originally all one phrase, but I decided to chop it up into individual words because it looked better on the card that way.

Hope you have a merry Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...