Saturday, June 20, 2009

New in Town


Earlier this week, Brian and I watched New in Town on DVD. You know how much I {love} romantic comedies, so when I encountered this movie on the shelf at Blockbuster, I had to rent it. It's a cute, PG-rated chick flick starring Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. I will warn you, though, it has a predictable story line--so predictable in fact that Brian guessed nearly everything that was going to happen before it did. But we had a few good laughs.

In the movie, Renee Zellweger plays Lucy, a high-powered Miami executive who temporarily moves to a tiny town in Minnesota to restructure a manufacturing plant. (Did I mention that I love the name, Lucy? I named our first doggie, Lucy, after Sandra Bullock's character in While You Were Sleeping. Which, by the way, is my favorite romantic comedy EVER.) Anyway, back to Lucy...she and the union rep (Harry Connick, Jr.) get off to a bad start, but as the movie progresses, they warm up to each other. That's all I'll say because I don't want to give away too much of the movie.

Speaking of Harry Connick, Jr., he was also in the heartwarming comedy, Hope Floats. Along with one of my favorite actresses, Sandra Bullock. We have Hope Floats on DVD and I still love viewing it every now and then. The movie soundtrack is good, too.

Hmm...if I had to choose my top 5 (oh, 5 is too hard; let's make it 10) favorite romantic comedies, I would say:

1) While You Were Sleeping
2) Sweet Home Alabama
3) Hope Floats
4) The Notebook
5) P.S. I Love You
6) Circle of Friends
7) Keeping the Faith
8) Notting Hill
9) Sleepless in Seattle
10) The Duchess

O.K., your turn...what are your top 5 or 10 favorite romantic comedies?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...