Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Santino's Thank You Cards


Remember those First Holy Communion invitations I created about two months ago? Well, when we returned home from our trip, my friend, Amor, asked if I would make some thank you cards that were similar in color and design. My response: Yes!

The First Communion invitation was a flat card measuring 3 3/4" by 9 1/4". (CLICK here to view the invitation post.) I had hoped to create a similarly sized thank you card, but since Amor wanted to include a photo in the card design, I opted to use an A2 card base instead.

Let's talk about the card base for a moment. Michael's Stores carry packages of 25 white cards/envelopes, which I've been buying for several years now. These pre-scored blank cards are made with 80 lb. cardstock, which is nice and thick! They normally cost $5.49, but with a 40% coupon, you only pay $3.30.

And boy did these A2 cards really come in handy for this project! I mounted the photo onto blue cardstock and then glued the blue cardstock onto the card cover.


Inside the card, I stamped the cross in blue ink on the left side and then heat embossed it. On the right side, I printed the message of gratitude (penned by Amor) on my home printer.


Thanks in large part to the pre-cut and pre-scored white cards, these 30 thank you notes came together quickly. And hopefully, Amor is happy with the finished product. Oh, and one more thing before I go...Jen Yearwood, a fellow choir singer, took this great photo of Santino. Nicely done, Jen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...