Saturday, July 18, 2009

Advice to Live by

While flipping through the pages of Reader's Digest recently, I stumbled upon a section entitled, Advice to Live By. As I began reading the articles in the section, I noticed that at the bottom of each page, there was a black box containing quotes from readers. I laughed at some of the quotes and pondered others. And you know how much I love snippets of wisdom, so share I must...here are my top ten!

1) Remember that every expert was once a beginner. Karin F., South Charleston, West Virginia

2) If you don't have the money to pay for it, don't buy it until you do. Linda H., Laurel, Mississippi (So true!)

3) Always have music and books in your life. Barbara L., Glassboro, New Jersey
(Now that's what I'm talking about!)

4) Don't put off traveling. See the world while you are able. Sherlyn H., New Boston, Texas (Carpe Diem!)

5) Live your life so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral. Angi V., Shawnee, Kansas (LOL!)

6) Forgive others. You are giving the gift of peace to yourself. Darla W., Wagoner, Oklahoma

7) When raising young kids, remember: The days are long, but the years are short. Jennifer B., Mission Viejo, California

8) Underpromise and overdeliver. Tom D., Upton, Massachusetts (When I first read this piece of advice, it didn't sit well with me. It seemed like something a politician would do. But as I thought more about it, this motto might certainly come in handy in some life situations.)

9) Maintain a valid passport. You never know when a new adventure might happen. Lucinda D., Knoxville, Tennessee (Definitely!)

10) Find the smartest person you can to marry! Rosemary S., Charlotte, North Carolina
(I can check this one off my list! My better half is intelligent and handsome and funny.)

Hope all of you have a sensational Saturday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...