Monday, December 28, 2009

For Today: December 28th

I love this simple documentation idea from The Simple Woman's Daybook via Ali Edwards' blog:

FOR TODAY
December 28, 2009

Outside my workshop window...the sky is overcast and tiny droplets of rain are falling down from the heavens.

I am thinking...about what I've already packed for our vacation. I'm running through lists of items in my head, wondering if I've missed anything.

I am thankful for...quality time spent with family during Christmas week.

I am wearing...a pair of jeans (shocker!), a long-sleeve gray shirt from H&M, and a black fleece vest. Oh, and flip-flops. (I just had a pedicure!)

I am creating...a to-do list for tomorrow.

We are going...to visit our friends, Nicole, Steve and Tyler today, so that 3-year-old Tyler can open his Christmas presents from us. (Brian made him a wooden fire truck!)

I am reading...library books about Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and the Bahamas. (Bet you can guess where we're going on our cruise!)

I am hoping...that we get to ride on an airboat through the swamps of the Everglades.

I am hearing...peace and quiet. Love it!

Around the house...most of our Christmas decorations are still up, including our tree, and will remain that way until we return home.

One of my favorite things...is that my husband and I will be together for the next 12 days. And during much of the time, we will have only limited phone and e-mail access. It's refreshing to disconnect every now and again.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Tomorrow, I'm planning to pack my carry-on bag, clean the house and record some 4th grade writing scores in Gradekeeper, before leaving for the airport in the late afternoon. The rest of the week will be spent in sunny Florida!

A picture to share...

Brian and McKayla at my dad's family Christmas in Novato (12.19.09)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mckayla looks SOO grown up in that picture, and absolutely beautiful too! I just love the pictures from Country Band too-- ya'lls faces are SO funny! Thanks again for having us over-- we had a blast!

--kb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...