Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to School

Ten signs that school is back in session:

1) My alarm sounds at 5:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. :-(

2) I'm being spoiled with attention--hugs, shout-outs, smiles, and waves--from my former students. And one of my current students, a sweet boy we'll call J, brought me a delicious Granny Smith apple yesterday morning. How thoughtful!

3) I have blisters on my toes courtesy of dress sandals that, prior to Tuesday, hadn't been out of the closet in two months.

4) I was in bed before 9:30 every night this week. (On Tuesday night, I couldn't keep my eyelids open past 8:30!)

5) Each night before bed, I packed my lunch and selected my clothes for the next day. I'm really hoping to make a habit of it.

6) I drove 500 miles and listened to two complete audio books in the car.

7) My brain is furiously trying to memorize the names of my 29 students, plus where they sit in the classroom.

8) It feels so good to sit down at lunch.

9) On Thursday night, I went rifling through my closet looking for my Bannon Creek school t-shirt. Gotta show some beaver love on Fridays!

10) Yesterday afternoon, I filled my teacher rolling cart (aka the bucket) with five manuals and a lesson planner and lifted it into the Pilot.

_______________________________________________
And my sweet husband surprised me with a Back-to-School gift this year. When I arrived home on Tuesday afternoon, Brian presented me with an iPod touch, all set up and ready to use! Now I can record voice memos (in the car or at work), listen to music and books, and surf the web. My favorite application, though, is Words with Friends. I already have three games in progress...but I better make some time for my school work, too. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...