Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thank You Notes

Over the past week, my fourth graders' families have donated an abundance of classroom supplies. Everything from binder paper to pencils to hand sanitizer to band-aids.


In order to thank the families for their generosity, I created these quick and easy cards using Papertrey cardstock (in a variety of colors), my Cuttlebug, an embossing folder, and some black and white gingham ribbon.


Each side-folding card measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/4", leaving just enough room to pen a short but sweet note of appreciation.


We didn't receive a single classroom supply from our district this year (not unlike last year), so I think it is so important to let the parents know how much I appreciate them stepping up and providing us with the materials we need to have a successful year. And even though I don't mention this in the thank you notes, by donating supplies the families are reducing the amount of money I would otherwise be spending on my class. For that, I'm truly grateful.

All in all, I'm feeling quite lucky to have such supportive families this year. And hopefully, I'll still be singing their praises after Back-to-School night tomorrow.

Self-confessed thank you note nut,
Jennie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...