Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Children's Book Project


Recently, a fellow teacher told me about a warehouse in San Francisco that provides free and gently-used books to children in need.

To date, the Children's Book Project has given away over 1.5 million books.

If you work at a school, homeless shelter, hospital or daycare center and need children's books, head down to the city by the bay and load up a few bags or boxes.

The children you work with will thank you.

J

P.S. I'm going to be in S.F. later this month to visit my good friend, Noah, and I'm planning to check out the warehouse then.

P.P.S. I'm hearing rumors that our school may be able to hire a part-time librarian if our PTA funds the position. Keeping my fingers crossed that we (the parents, students, and teachers) can collect enough money to make it happen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...