Sunday, October 31, 2010

Picture Dump

Happy Halloween!

It's 7:30 and we've yet to greet any trick-or-treaters.

Guess that's what happens when you move to the sticks!

Since I'm not having to jump up and answer the door every five minutes, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite photos from the past few weeks.

A picture dump, if you will...


Girls' weekend in San Francisco (Tori, Noah and me)


Hanging with Lucy and Rudy


I read Nicholas Sparks' new book, Safe Haven, but to be honest, I did not like it very much.


We saw three bucks in our "backyard" yesterday. At one point, the deer were just 20 feet from our house, and because they froze when they heard Lucy barking at them, they didn't look real. This was the biggest of the bunch...


...and this was the littlest of the bunch. Look at those teeny-tiny antlers!


Sitting in my car waiting for the train to pass by...something that happens every now and again on my way home from school.


To keep parents in the loop, my students fill out Exit Passes once a week with something they learned as well as a reminder or question. Last week, we wrote: Hyperbole is a figure of speech where two things are compared using exaggeration. Michael is taller than a skyscraper. Turn in your Box Tops by Friday. Any student who brings his or her Exit Pass back to school the next day and it's signed by a parent receives a piece of red licorice.


Four Bridges Half Marathon Relay (Brian, my mom and me)


A big thanks to Brian's parents who came out to cheer us on!

Have a wonderful week!

J

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks for sharing, your Exit Passes look like a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...