Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Photographing Christmas Lights


This year, I decided I wanted to learn how to photograph Christmas lights--those on our tree as well as the exterior of our home. With this in mind, about a week ago, I pulled up Google and typed, "How do I take good pictures of my Christmas tree?" In just seconds, links to the following three articles popped up.

This first article lists 16 general digital photography tips for Christmas. I, especially, love suggestion #3--setting up a DIY photo booth for guests. How fun!

This second post is filled with information about how to take good pictures of {outdoor} Christmas lights. I'm planning to use these suggestions on Thursday afternoon when I photograph our house.

This third article talks about how to snap a picture of your Christmas tree, so you have lots and lots of beautiful bokeh. Last night, I tried it out, photographing my mom and dad's Christmas tree (photo above) and then our Christmas tree (photo below).


Happy shooting,
J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...