Saturday, March 19, 2011

World Card Day


In honor of World Card Day, I whipped up this happy spring card for our niece, McKayla.


I'm slowly easing my way back into card making after a long hiatus. Right now, I'm only interested in creating fast, easy cards. But I may be spending more time crafting cards in the coming weeks as the deadline for the California State Fair draws nearer.

For this card, I pulled out a sheet of butterfly stickers (which has been sitting in one of my drawers for more than a year), a package of pearl embellishments, and a pre-cut/pre-scored card.

I thought I owned a "happy spring" rubber stamp, but after searching high and low and not finding one, I opted instead to type up the sentiment on my computer and print it out on white card stock. I adhered the sentiment with Stampin' Up! pop dots.

I know the calendar says that it's officially spring tomorrow, but it sure doesn't look like spring around here.


We received several inches of snow yesterday. Here I am standing on our deck in my new rain boots--perfect for all kinds of precipitation. :-)


Well, it's time for me to go, but before I publish this post, I want to say "Happy Birthday" to my father-in-law, Mike.

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...