Wednesday, February 27, 2013

National Day of Unplugging



Do you sometimes feel that technology is taking over your life?

Do you find yourself spending a lot of time checking email, texting, or watching television?

Are you quickly becoming addicted to Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram?

There are days when I would answer yes to all three of these questions. 

And I know I'm not alone.  

In the past few weeks, however, I've heard more and more people talk about reducing their technology use.

That's just what Reboot, a Jewish arts organization in New York, is encouraging people like you and me to do this coming weekend: UNPLUG!

They're extending an invitation to turn off your cell phone, turn off your television, and turn off your computer for 24 hours.  

And instead, read a (printed) book.  Go on a hike.  Play a board game with your kids.  Stroll through a museum.  Attend a concert.  Scrapbook.  Cook a new recipe.  Walk around your neighborhood. Take your kids to the park.  Ride your bike.  Or ______________. (You fill in the blank!)  

This year's National Day of Unplugging starts at sundown on March 1 and ends at sundown on March 2.  

I'm going to unplug my devices. 

Will you?  






P.S. If you'd like to learn more about National Unplugging Day or print your own "I Unplug to ___________ sign, go here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...