Monday, August 19, 2013

Achieving a Matte Look

Attention shutterbugs!

Have you been wanting to create that oh-so-popular matte look in your photographs, but weren't sure how?  

Last night, while browsing the Clickin Moms forums, I stumbled upon a super duper easy way to create matte photographs.   

Here's how using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements:

1 | Edit your photo and flatten. 

2| Duplicate your background layer. 

3 | With the duplicate layer selected, set the opacity to a low percentage (10 or 15 percent).

4 | Press Control + I to invert the layer.

5 | Adjust the opacity as needed.

Here's a before and after as an example.  

First up, the original image.

And the matte image.  The difference is subtle, but if I had to choose my favorite, I'd go with the matte version.

What do you think?

Happy processing!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...