Friday, August 29, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Jason Muse

Two weeks ago, Jason and Stefanie tied the knot! But before I share with you a few details from the wedding, I wanted to mention our visit to Bakersfield. Brian and I drove down to Bakersfield on Wednesday, had dinner at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace , and stayed the night in a hotel. It was Brian's first time at the Crystal Palace, but I had been there before with the clan from CIPA. I have no idea if the two giant mugs of beer had anything to do with it, but Brian really enjoyed himself! So did I, but then again I knew I would! During dinner, we were serenaded by the house band, which was performing some of their hit songs from the 60's and 70's as well as covers of newer songs. The guitarist, Brian, played a double neck guitar, which I'd never seen before. It was really cool! While Brian (Lonbeck) jammed on his guitar, there was an older gentleman (probably at least 75) who was line dancing and two-stepping nonstop on the dance floor. He changed partners frequently, and both Brian and I were amazed at his energy level! (He must have been a pistol at 25!)




Now, it's on to the wedding! On Friday, August 15th, Jason and Stefanie exchanged wedding vows at Sub Base Point Loma in San Diego. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was held on an outdoor deck, which had breathtaking views of the ocean, the sailboats, and the Coronado bridge. It was a fabulous evening, complete with yummy food, good company, and lots of dancing! (Be sure to scroll down and watch the video of Jason & Stef's first dance!)





While we were in San Diego, I had lunch with Kelly, who was my roommate during our freshmen year at UCD. We hadn't seen each other in over eight years, and although we've kept in touch by e-mail and through MySpace, it was such a joy to finally spend some time with her in person! (Hopefully, it won't be another eight years before I see her again!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...