Monday, October 6, 2008

The Lucky One


Nicholas Sparks' new book, The Lucky One, was released this past Tuesday! And thanks to my hubby who ventured to Costco and bought it for me while I was at work, I was able to start reading it on Tuesday night. :-) While I was a bit confused and dismayed by the opening scenes, I soon realized that Sparks was expertly establishing "Keith" as a villain. As the story unfolded, I continued to dislike Keith, while simultaneously becoming very fond of the main characters, Logan and Elizabeth. They seemed like such real and genuine people, who partake in many of the same activities that you and I might--things like cooking up tacos for dinner, playing chess, and attending church services. Deep down, I hoped that Logan and Elizabeth would fall in love (who doesn't like a happy ending?), but knowing that Mr. Sparks has a penchant for drama, I wasn't entirely sure, even up until the last few pages, whether or not their relationship would survive. When I finished the book on Friday, I was not only pleased with the ending, but also quite satisfied with the novel overall. The Notebook is still my favorite Sparks book, but I'd have to say that this one is my second favorite. I'm hopeful that The Lucky One will be made into a movie; I think it has the potential to be an outstanding flick!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...