Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chevy's & B Street Theatre--It's a date!



Last night, my husband and I dined at Chevy's, one of my favorite restaurants. (I'm a cheap date, what can I say!) Generally, we visit the Chevy's up in Roseville, but since we were headed downtown for a B Street show, we frequented the Chevy's in Gold River. This particular location brings back fond memories for me because we dined at this Chevy's, with our immediate families, the night we got engaged...on September 21, 2002. Boy does time fly! My favorite Chevy's entree, hands down, is the steaming steak fajita plate. Last night, though, not only did I have steak fajitas, but I also feasted on yummy shrimp, too!

After stuffing ourselves with yummy Mexican food, we drove down to the B Street Theatre to watch Wittenburg, a comedy set in Wittenburg, Germany in October, 1517. Last year, Brian's parents spoiled us with season tickets to B Street and now we're hooked! Both Brian and I enjoyed the play, which featured a number of animated debates between Martin Luther, professor of theology and Dr. Faustus, professor of philosophy. During the performance, Dr. Faustus quotes St. Augustine saying, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." I couldn't agree with him more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...