Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yummy Desert Dessert




I've made this "desert" dessert twice now and both times it turned out great! It's fast (less than 15 minutes of prep time), easy, and requires no baking. The first time, I whipped it up for Brian's Old West Murder Mystery birthday party. (Well, I must admit, it wasn't me, but my mom who put it together because I was preoccupied with my star cookie debacle at the time, but I digress.) Originally, we made the dessert with vanilla cookies and vanilla pudding, but as I discovered the second time I made it, it is just as yummy with Oreo cookies and chocolate pudding.
Here's the recipe...

Desert Dessert

What You Will Need:

* 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies (or Oreo cookies)
* 2 packages vanilla (or chocolate) instant pudding
* 2 1/4 cup cold milk
* 1-12 ounce package of Cool Whip
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1/2 stick of margarine (softened)
* 1-8 ounce package of cream cheese
* Optional: gummy worms and gummy spearmint leaves

Directions:

* Place the cookies in a ziploc plastic bag and crush them. (I found it rather cathartic to hit the plastic bag full of cookies with a hammer over and over again!) Set aside.

* Cream the margarine, cream cheese, and sugar in large mixing bowl. Set aside.

* Mix milk and pudding in a small mixing bowl.

* Add mixture to creamed ingredients and mix well. Fold in the Cool Whip.

* Layer the ingredients starting and ending with the crushed cookies.

* Place plastic wrap on top and refrigerate overnight.

* Feel free to decorate with gummy candies to simulate dessert snakes and cacti.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...