Friday, November 14, 2008

Suppositions and Switzerland



While cleaning out my e-mail inbox today, I came across an excellent quote about suppositions by Virginia Satir that I've been saving for several months now.

Ms. Satir said, "Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

One way I've found to cope with the yucky stuff of life is to count my blessings. I've been very fortunate over the past few years to have traveled to a number of countries. In 2006, when Brian and I journeyed to Europe, I fell head-over-heels in love with Switzerland! The pictures above and below capture the glorious Alpine scenery: the gorgeous lakes, picturesque mountains, and beautiful trees and flowers.

In fact, strolling along the streets of Interlaken, I recall telling Brian that I wanted to move to Switzerland. I even went so far as to point out the fire station in Interlaken, and commented, "I wonder if they are hiring..."
I meant it facetiously, of course, seeing as Swiss firefighters' native tongue is German...but perhaps, one day we'll spend a summer or two in Switzerland. (A girl can dream, can't she?!)


Lake Thun in Interlaken, Switzerland


A beautiful Swiss park


The Aare River, which runs through Interlaken and between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...