Monday, December 29, 2008

Recycling Your Christmas Cards

Earlier this week, while our niece, McKayla was visiting, I decided to get a jump start on taking down our holiday decorations. It's always hard to motivate myself to do so, but I thought I would start small by taking down the Christmas cards we received, which have been pinned to three ribbons on our front entry wall for weeks. With the help of a small stool (which I often use in the kitchen), McKayla and I were able to remove the clothespins and place the cards in a stack.

Now, three days later, the question becomes: What shall I do with the cards?

One part of me, the cardmaker, wants to keep all of the cards until next year.

But another part of me, the purger, wants to recycle them.

So, here's my plan: I'm going to donate my holiday card fronts to St. Jude's Ranch for Children. The children at St. Jude's will take my used Christmas cards and turn them into "new" recycled cards, which they'll sell during the coming Christmas season.

If you're interested in donating your cards, too, please mail them to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

And for more information about card donations or to purchase recycled cards, visit www.stjudesranch.org.

And since I'm on a "green" kick, if you live in the greater Sacramento area, you can recycle your Christmas tree on January 3rd and 4th in the Sunrise Mall parking lot. The Boy Scouts will be on hand to collect the used trees. And don't forget to thank them for their efforts with a donation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...