Friday, January 2, 2009

KW Color Inspiration #36: U & Me



Ever have a card that just doesn't seem to want to come together? And a deadline looming?!



Well, that was the case with this U & Me: A Perfect Pair card yesterday. After downloading my e-mails about 11:00 a.m. and viewing Kristina Werner's challenge, I pulled together some solid color papers. But I struggled to come up with a layout for the card, so I set everything aside.

It was a lazy day in my house; I spent much of the day uploading pictures to my blog and typing in text. As I was clicking away at the keys about 5:00 p.m., the idea of using some of my punches to create flowers popped into my mind. (I have a feeling that the flowers on the adorable pin cushion may have inspired my thinking!) So, I grabbed some of my SU! punches and started playing...

However, with a 7:00 p.m. MT deadline, that meant I had only one hour to complete the card, take pictures of it, download the pictures, and then upload them to my blog. Plus, I could hear my husband busily working on dinner in the kitchen, so I knew the "Sup's up!" call was fast approaching. (In our house, "Sup's up!" is another way of saying, "Dinner is ready!")



The deadline came and went while I enjoyed a delicious turkey and stuffing dinner with my hubby. Then, I went back to work, finishing my card. Even though I wasn't able to submit my card by the deadline, I wanted to share it with you. The 5 1/4" square card was made using a menagerie of papers--some from Stampin' Up!, others from K & Company's Amy Butler line, and still others from DCWV. All three punches are from Stampin' Up! I also used Wright's sparkly medium rick rack, sticker letters from Making Memories, rhinestones, and a Stampin' Up! rub-on.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...