Saturday, January 24, 2009

16 Things



I recently subscribed to Ali Edwards' blog. (Ali is a very talented graphic designer/scrapbooker/writer.) This past week, she wrote a post entitled, "16 Things About Me." It was fun to learn more about her and inspired me to create a list of my own.

16 Things About Me

1) I'm currently reading two Rick Steves books: Germany & Austria and Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels. (Might give you an idea which countries we hope to visit in May.)

2) I love indulging in LaVyrle Spencer's romance novels, particularly her American historical works.

3) Card making can be very cathartic. I've made fifteen cards in the past three days. (That doesn't include ten more I assembled during a card class on Tuesday night.)

4) Jason Aldean's new song, Country Girl rocks! I love the rhythm, the beat, the fast-paced lyrics, but I don't know the words yet, so it just comes out as a jumbled mess when I sing it. (Good thing he gets paid to sing it and not me!)

5) Looking forward to the Guns & Hoses game this weekend. Go Dogs! :-)

6) Feeling especially grateful for our family and friends, who really stepped up over the past week to help us through a difficult time in our lives.

7) I'm in love with the American Airlines sound...when I hear it on TV, I literally want to stop what I'm doing and hop on an airplane. For me, that sound is synonymous with freedom. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, listen to the first five seconds of this AA video and I have a feeling you'll think, "Oh yeah, I've heard that before.")

8) I love brownies...Brian made a double batch of chocolate cake brownies last week and I'm embarrassed to say that they are all gone.

9) I enjoy spending time with kids. In fact, I like most kids better than I like adults.

10) I would jump at the chance to compete in The Amazing Race. I wouldn't do it for the loot; I'd just love to see as many new places as possible. And of course, experience it all alongside my favorite travel companion, my hubby.

11) I don't drink coffee or caffeinated soda. And I rarely drink alcohol. But I will indulge in a Lousiana lemonade from Bubba Gump's, say once a year or so.

12) I'm a cowgirl at heart. If I believed in former lives--which I don't--I'd say I already was one.

13) I can't stand watching American Idol. Listening to some of the contestants is like nails scraping down a chalkboard...eeek!

14) I have the same, small-boned frame as my paternal great-grandmother, who lived to be nearly 100 years old. My great-grandmother was also quite creative; she handcrafted the beautiful Mary statue pictured above, which sits on my nightstand. (As you can see, Mary has taken some falls over the years, but thankfully, she's in one piece.)

15) My feet are almost always cold, which explains why I often wear two pairs of socks!

16) Adobe Photoshop 7.0 has been officially downloaded (or is it uploaded?) to my computer. Even though I'm not super computer savvy (as you may have just gleaned), I'm excited to learn how to use it. In fact, I'm off to find some video tutorials on YouTube.

Consider yourself tagged; I'd love to know 16 things about you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...