Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rome Layout

Yippee...this is my last 2-page layout from our 2006 trip to Europe! And wouldn't you know that Rome was our last stop of the trip, too. If asked, Brian would say Rome was his favorite destination on our trip. (I know because I just asked him! LOL) In particular, he really enjoyed the Colosseum!


Journaling reads: "1-Me and Bri in the Colosseum 2-The Colosseum was impressive; I can't believe it's 2000 years old! 3-Listening to Pope Benedict's Sunday address in St. Peter's Square was so cool! He spoke mostly in Italian, but also in German and English. 4-St. Peter's Basilica is H-U-G-E! They have six masses on Sundays. 5-We waited nearly 2 1/2 hours in line, but it was worth it to see the map rooms, Raphael's rooms, and the Sistine Chapel. 6-Seeing these famed frescoes in person was a real treat! 7-We climbed up to the dome of St. Peter's Basilica and this was the view! (I just realized that on #5, I completely forgot to mention that we waited in line to see the Vatican Museum...oops!)




Several months back, I typed up all of my journal entries from our trip in Microsoft Word. As I was creating the layouts and reading back through my entries for information to write in the journaling section of each layout, I had an idea. What if I reduced the font size and increased the margins on each entry, then cut the paper down to a manageable size, and slipped it right into the pocket?! And as you see below, that's just what I did! (When we return from vacation, my plan is to do the same with all of the layouts that have pockets. For those without pockets, I'll just slip my journal notes behind the layout page in my scrapbook.)


{supplies}
Cardstock: Bazzill (12x12); Stampin' Up! (black)
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: Textured Trios (Michael's stores)
Letters/Numbers: American Crafts Thickers (title & journaling brackets)
Sticker Numbers/Letters: Making Memories tiny alphas
Marker: Zig Writer (0.5 mm)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've never made scrapbook pages before, but after seeing yours I'm inspired! I love these layouts and your places for journaling. Thanks for sharing!

Jennie said...

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for your comment! I didn't realize until now that I could respond to your message. I'm very touched that you were inspired by viewing my layouts. I'd love to see what you've created! :-)

All the best,
Jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...