Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sound of Music Tour

Guten Morgen! (That's good morning in German!)

Here's an e-mail I wrote home to our parents on May 8, 2009. (I've inserted pictures where appropriate.)

"It's Jennie here coming to you from Salzburg, Austria. Salz means salt and burg means fortress...just a little trivia for you! I am in love with Salzburg...I think part of it has to do with the weather. Apparently, it rains here much of the time, but it's been sunny and warm. Yesterday, we took a 4-hour Sound of Music tour with a small group of Americans. Picture a yellow van with an Austrian tour guide at the mic meandering along country roads with green meadows, yellow flowers, the sun shining, pictureque views, and the Alps in the background. And when Rosamaria (our tour guide) wasn't talking, we were listening to the Sound of Music CD and singing Do-Re-Mi...I was in heaven. During the tour, we stopped at the gazebo from the movie (I am 16 going on 17--I know you're singing along now!), but because people were getting hurt jumping from bench to bench, you can no longer go inside. So I jumped outside of it...Brian captured it on film, don't you worry."

"Brian swears he has never seen SOM and was rather shocked that I knew most of the lyrics to the songs. I like that even after ten years, I can still surprise him! :-) We also went on a short luge ride... Brian took pictures even though the woman at the top was yelling "no pictures" at him!"






"I wish I had gone faster, but since it was my first time, I pulled back on the handle a lot to slow myself down. Next time, I'm going to gun it!" :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...