Saturday, May 30, 2009

Egg-Inspired Card

While strolling through Salzburg a few weeks back, Brian and I came upon this really neat store, Easter in Salzburg.


It's chalk full of thousands of hand-painted eggs--in every color and design imaginable.


I had such fun browsing and of course, Brian and I had to buy about a dozen eggs to bring back home!


Ever since I began participating in color challenges, I've noticed that I'm much more observant of color combinations, whether I'm window shopping at the mall, perusing a Crate & Barrel catalog or traveling in Europe. Inspiration is everywhere...you just have to be open to seeing it!


Case in point: This cute egg wrapped in dyed twine. I saw these three bright colors together--the yellow, pink, and green--and thought they would look great on a card.


And here it is!


This card (4 5/8"x 6 1/8") is very similar to one I saw in an SU! catalog. Using the Botanical Blooms SU! stamp set, I stamped the images, covered them in clear embossing powder and then heat embossed them. The rub-on is also from Stampin' Up!
_________________________________________________________________


{Update}
We have all of our Europe pictures uploaded to Kodak Gallery, thanks to my hubby's efforts. Now, we are working on adding informative (and amusing!) captions. We should be ready to e-mail out the link to friends and family by Monday! In the meantime, here's a picture of a gorgeous sunset in Salzburg. On the left side of the Salzach River is the charmingly preserved old town (where Easter in Salzburg can be found) and on the right side is the new town where our accommodations were located.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...