Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dichotomy

Driving around town, I find myself doing a lot of reading. Whether it's studying personalized license plates (and trying to figure out what they say), taking in sale signs on stores, examining bumper stickers, or looking at church signs. (Does anyone else do this?!)

Let's talk about church signs for a moment. Lately, several of them have caught my eye. This one grabbed my attention one day last week on my way to work.

I read it and thought, "Aww...very true! And what a positive and honest message!"

Then, later on in the week, I encountered this sign on my way back from running errands.

"Wow," I thought, "This one is also honest, but maybe just a bit TOO honest. It will definitely grab people's attention. But will it entice them to come to church?"

Anyway, the dichotomy between the signs' messages intrigued me, so I thought I'd share them.

But that's not the end of the story...because after I snapped a picture of the Church of Christ sign above, I ran around to the other side to see if the message was the same. To my surprise, it was completely different!


Ha-ha...it's a split-personality sign! (I'm a Gemini, so I can relate!) Don't you agree that the message on this side is MUCH better?!

And speaking of church signs, I thought this would be the perfect time to share a few more funny/wacky/weird church signs, courtesy of Google images.


Speaking of Google!


Love this one!


LOL


Too funny!


This one is for Brian. Wish it said, "Go Mets!" instead.


This one is just plain mean, but I laughed. Must be my twisted sense of humor! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...