Sunday, June 28, 2009

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

For my birthday, my Southern sister, Katie bought me this neat cookbook...



...and this oh-so-cute Cost Plus apron! :-)


Isn't the fabric just beautiful?! I {love} the colors!

On Thursday, we had our carpets cleaned, so I had very little access to my computer and my workshop.

That meant...
no blogging,
no cardmaking,
and no scrapbooking
for me. :-(

So, what's a girl to do in this instance?!

Why, BAKE! :-)

Inside the Southern Living cookbook, I found this Easy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.


I'm game for any recipe with easy in the title!

And even better yet--any concoction labeled kid friendly--is right up my alley!

Speaking of childhood, I remember making these cookies with my mom and sisters years ago and {loving} their deliciousness!

As The Pioneer Woman often writes, here is the Cast of Characters:
Bisquick (2 cups)
Creamy peanut butter (3/4 cup)
Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
Sweetened condensed milk (14-ounce can)
Milk chocolate kisses
Sugar


First, combine the creamy peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl.


Next, blend the peanut butter and milk with an electric mixer.


Then, add the Bisquick mix and vanilla and beat well.


Next, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.


Then, roll the balls in sugar.


Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each ball gently with your thumb. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes.


When you remove the cookies from the oven, immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie and then place the cookies on a wire rack to cool. (If it's hot in your house--like it was in ours--you may need to refrigerate the kisses between batches. And if you're like me, when those little kisses are out of sight, it's a good thing because then I'm less tempted to snack on them!)

This recipe yields about 5 dozen yummy (and addictive) cookies.

Enjoy!

P.S. I have my eye on several other recipes in this book, including Cheddar Cheese Loaf, Blue Cheese Grits, and Cheese Straws. Perhaps, you'll see these cheesy delights in future blog posts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are using my present! I had in mind a couple of other things I wanted to get your for your birthday-- but when I found that apron, I had to get it for you! I pictured you in your cute kitchen with the little apron on, baking! I love it! I think I may need to go back and buy an apron for myself too!... they had lots of different patterns! Love ya!

KES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...