Monday, July 27, 2009

Rock Band COUNTRY



Oh. My. Gosh.

My world has been ROCKED...by Rock Band Country Track Pack.

What an {absolute} blast! :-)

I knew the Country Track Pack was due to come out this month, but I didn't know the exact date. Rumor had it that one of my favorite songs, "She's Country" by Jason Aldean was on it, so I was excited for its release.

When we arrived home from church last night, I didn't think anything of it when Brian started setting up the Wii unit. He powered it up and grabbed his guitar. I figured he was going to play Rock Band and since I really *stink* at RB (to the point of getting kicked off repeatedly), I told him I was going back to my workshop to work on a blog or two. He said, "OK" and I headed down the hallway.

A few minutes later, as I was sitting at my computer typing up my "Goats in da House" blog (which I'll post later this week), I heard "She's Country" start playing out front. I jumped up in excitement, suspecting that Brian had bought the new Rock Band Country pack.

I ran out front and lo and behold, there it was playing on the TV screen.

I {love} fun surprises like that--don't you?!

My goats blog became a mere memory and for the next half hour (or more), Brian played guitar, while I sang. I think we made it through nine country tunes before my voice started giving out. The game tells you to sing LOUD and boy did I ever! And what made it worse was that I had just come from church where I sang in the choir.

Anyway, it was SO much fun! We'll have to sing and play some more tonight.

And maybe next week, too.

See, my country-lovin' sisters and niece are coming into town a week from today. Something tells me, we might be doing some singing and playing while they are here. :-)

Oh, and one more thing before I go...here's the song list in case you're curious.

1. Alan Jackson Good Time
2. Brad Paisley - Mud on the Tires
3. Brooks & Dunn - Hillbilly Deluxe
4. Cross Canadian Ragweed - Cry Lonely
5. Dierks Bentley - Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)
6. Dixie Chicks - Sin Wagon
7. Drive-By Truckers - 3 Dimes Down
8. Jason Aldean - She's Country
9. Keith Urban - I Told You So
10. Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy
11. Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
12. Lucinda Williams - Can't Let Go
13. Martina McBride - This One's For The Girls
14. Miranda Lambert - Gunpowder & Lead
15. Montgomery Gentry - Gone
16. Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang
17. Sara Evans - Suds In The Bucket
18. Shania Twain - Any Man of Mine
19. Steve Earle - Satellite Radio
20. Trace Adkins - Swing
21. Willie Nelson - On the Road Again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh I have heard about this! Sounds like a blast! Can't wait ;)

KES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...