Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shutter Bug Layout

Happy Wednesday!

Here's a layout I recently completed using a sketch from none other than the Scrapbooks Etc. Page Planner. While we were over in Europe in May, Brian took these awesome photos of me using our Canon Powershot camera. The Color Accent setting on the camera allows you to select one color to accent and the rest of the photograph is in black and white.


As you can see in both shots, Brian selected red as the accent color and the rest of the photo is in black and white. Consequently, my red jacket really POPS, which is so neat-o because RED is my favorite color!


In the picture on the right, I was so busy framing a water feature shot that I didn't even notice Brian was taking a picture of me. In the picture on the left, though, (which was taken just seconds later), you can tell I've caught sight of my camera-toting hubby.


I {loved} working with these four colors: black, red, white and gray. Creating this title piece was time-consuming, but fun! I cut out the black and white circles using my Cricut. I wanted the red layer to be scalloped, but since I don't have a scalloped punch in that size, I opted instead to use tiny, punched hearts. I adhered the hearts one at a time onto the back of the white circle and then glued the white circle to the black circle. Next, I placed the alphabet stickers and rhinestones on the white circle. Lastly, I added three ribbon loops to the left side of the circle to draw attention to the title of the layout.


Above the title to the left, I adhered computer-generated journaling strips, which read:
When we visited the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland in May '09, I was in shutterbug heaven. With my Nikon D-90, I took beautiful flower pictures!


{supplies}
Cardstock: White (Bazzill); Red, black, gray (SU!)
Paper: Striped (unknown)
Ribbon: Red (Making Memories); Black (Papertrey)
Stickers: Glitter BUG letters (K&Company); Tiny Shutterbug alphas (Making Memories)
Punches: Scallop edge punch (SU!); Heart punch (EK Success)
Misc: Cricut; Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft)
__________________________________________________________________
Here are a few more of Brian's groovy pics...









And check out this one...doesn't it look like something from a Tim Burton movie?! LOL


P.S. I just added a few of my favorite tunes to my blog-o, including Jason Aldean's new song, Big Green Tractor. (I pretty much love everything that man puts out!) Using www.playlist.com, it was easy to create a playlist of songs. Then, I embedded the code in the layout of my blog and voila, now there's music to listen to while you surf my blog! Isn't technology grand?! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...