Sunday, August 9, 2009

For Hailey and Courtney

I made two birthday cards recently for Brian's sister, Lori's soon-to-be stepchildren. Courtney just turned five and Hailey will be turning seven in September.



I love to incorporate kids' names into their birthday cards!

For Hailey's card, I used these cute sticker letters from Target and hand wrote "happy birthday to you!" Then, I tried to make a card with Courtney's name, but I didn't have enough letters. Ugh!


So, instead, I used these pretty princess embellishments. (Sorry the pictures are not the best; I was attempting to shoot in manual mode!)

Along with the cards, we sent each of the girls two books.




For Hailey, I purchased The Great Fuzz Frenzy by Janet Stevens as well as Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett.



For Courtney, I bought Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis.

I have all of these books in my collection and love to read them aloud. Hopefully, the girls will enjoy reading them, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...