Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Burpies

Our friends, Tom and Myranda, are expecting a baby boy soon! Several months ago, I saw some adorable handmade baby burp cloths on Dawn McVey's blog and thought it would be fun to make some for them.

In Dawn's post, she included a link to the Fiskars website, which has complete directions for the project. (If you're interested, click on the hyperlink to view the instructions.) I'm a total novice sewer, but the directions looked simple enough, so I gave it a shot.


Here's the front side of one of the burpies.


Isn't the top panel of fabric just adorable?! Love the blues and browns together.


This is the back side of the burp cloth--a prefolded Gerber diaper.


Here's all three baby burp cloths. Please don't look too closely at the stitching...you'll think I was SUI...sewing under the influence! Haha!

The baby burpies turned out pretty cute and I'll certainly make them again! Next time, though, I'm going to buy thicker diapers because the Gerber diapers are extremely thin.

I have two more items for baby Lucas that I'd like to share, but I'm going to post them tomorrow. Be sure to check back! :-)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Cute! I've made several of these burp cloths and everyone loves them! Wish I had some when my boys were little! LOL Another thing I tried last time was using the super soft chenille instead of a diaper, came out nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...