Sunday, November 29, 2009

Casserole Duo

I've come across two really good casserole recipes lately that I'd like to share with you. These will make your taste buds sit up and take notice!

1) First off, Brian made a delicious King Ranch Chicken Casserole last week.
(Click on the hyperlink for the full recipe.)
Just a note: Instead of using tortilla chips, Brian substituted Nacho Cheese Doritos.

A helping of this scrumptious casserole can be placed on a bed of rice or eaten with warm cornbread. (And while I'm not a fan of Nacho Cheese Doritos, I loved them in this casserole!)

This would be a great dish to take to a potluck or party. Or whip it up at home like Brian did, knowing that there will be plenty of yummy leftovers.

2) Secondly, two weeks ago, Brian's cousin, Tina, baked a heavenly corn casserole for a family gathering.
It was so wonderful!
In fact, I loved it so much that I've already made it myself.
(Yes, you read that right; I baked! I even have a picture to prove it!)


The Paula Deen recipe is super easy to follow; the hardest part was waiting 55 minutes for it to cook. But boy was it worth it!

I'm always on the lookout for yummy casserole dishes, so if you have a favorite dish, please share.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad you liked the corn casserole!
I'm going to try that chicken one!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...