Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week In The Life: Monday, 4/19

I took a day off of work today to continue settling in. I'm really hoping my students are not terrorizing the substitute. (You laugh, but I wouldn't put it past them. They've done it before...)


As you can see, I spent the first part of the day in my jammies and my crocs. I seem to live in my crocs now. I still adore my sheepskin slippers (from Brian's parents), but with my crocs, I can meander outside, too.

In some ways, it feels like I'm on vacation at a bed-and-breakfast in the country. He-he!


I unpacked all of my holiday wall and door decorations and hope to hang them up on the laundry room wall soon. (It's a tradition my mom started!)

Still no cell phone service, no land line, and no internet here at our house.

So, what's a girl to do?!

Clean!

I scrubbed the wooden cabinets in the kitchen, both upstairs bathrooms and the laundry room with Murphy Oil Soap. You can't really tell by looking at them, but when you run your hand along the surface, they are much cleaner and smoother now.


When Brian returned home from the soon-to-be rental house, we journeyed to Target in Auburn where we bought some things for the new house. A few items in our basket: laundry hamper, shower caddy, shelf organizer, toilet paper stand, and light bulbs.


As we were driving back from Auburn, I noticed that my fuel gauge was getting low. Never before have I really worried about running out of gas. But here with the closest gas station being 3 miles away, I'm really glad Brian has these two gas cans--just in case.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...