Thursday, July 8, 2010

@ 30 Layout

I finally finished this 2-page scrapbook spread, which I originally began back in early 2009. Figured since I just turned 32, I'd better wrap up these pages of us at 30!
















This layout started out as a sketch on a post-it note. BTW: I think it's funny how I write notes to myself like "What should color scheme be?" As you can see, the finished layout didn't end up exactly the way I had originally envisioned, but I'm alright with that. The gist of it remains. And like with most of my creative endeavors, once I start a project, I find that some tweaking is inevitably necessary along the way.

















My point in putting together this layout was to capture us in time, knowing that years from now our lives may be quite different. In order to provide a glimpse into our then current lives, I jotted down notes about our lives--one-liners about everything from our jobs to our cars to our hobbies to our friends. And even though I knew a lot of the information for Brian, I wanted it to be representative of him, and as authentic as possible, so I asked him quite a few questions and wrote down his answers, much to his chagrin.

















Then, I paired the photo of us at Brian's 30th birthday bash with 15 tidbits of information about each of us. Get it?! 15 + 15 = 30. I was going to type up 30 items about each of us, but then recognized that it would be nearly impossible to fit all of that information on a 2-page layout.

I know it's probably very difficult to read the journaling, so here's a little bit of it:
Jennie
5) Cars and showers were made for singing--at the top of your lungs, of course!
8) Travel is my vice.
10) The Lord hasn't blessed us with a child yet, but we'll keep trying and hoping and praying.

Brian
2) My favorite scripture is: Phillipians 4:13.
7) "Conservatism is gone. It makes me sick."
8) Favorite TV shows: Man vs. Food, O'Reilly Factor, Hannity

It feels good to complete this layout.
Now, when we have kids, they'll know what their mom and dad were like before they joined our family. My mom created a scrapbook in high school and filled it with cards, ticket stubs, silverware (from prom) and pictures. I still love looking through it today.

Well, I'm off to finish another scrapbook page.

All the best,
J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...