Monday, July 5, 2010

Week in the Life Scrapbook

A couple of months ago, I shared a week's worth of pictures + thoughts during my Week in the Life documentation project. At the time, I doubted I would put all of my pictures, thoughts, and collected items (receipts/magazine clippings/notes) into a scrapbook album, but after some more thought, I changed my mind. Having spent considerable time photographing and writing about my life for a week, I really wanted to create a home for it all, outside of my blog. With that in mind, I bought a 8.5 x 11 scrapbook from Jo-Ann's, along with a box of plastic sheet protectors and a package of baseball card protectors from Staples. Then, I purchased templates (.png files) created by Ali Edwards at Designer Digitals. I used "The Story of Today" templates (pictured below on the left page) in Photoshop, and all I had to do was copy and paste my journaling from the blog posts I'd previously written, and then adjust the font size and spacing. I also downloaded Ali Edwards' journaling cards, so I could scribble down some additional memories and fill up the pockets in my baseball card protectors. It's a bit difficult to see the pages below due to the glare, but I wanted to share the finished product here on my blog. I'm really looking forward to participating again next year! Anyone want to join me next year? Even non-scrappers can do this!














The last two photos are out of order because the new blogger editor and I are at war, and I'm going to let him win, so I can publish this post and get on with my day.

J

P.S. I'm switching back to the old blogger editor, so I will have greater control over where I place photos and text. I'm learning that new does not always mean better!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...