Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Snowing.

Mother Nature surprised us with an inch or two of snow earlier tonight.


Brian and I were giddy with delight.


This quote from Anne Sexton captures the feeling:
"I am younger each year at the first snow. When I see it, suddenly, in the air, all little and white and moving; then I am in love again and very young and I believe in everything."




I'm so glad Brian was home to experience our first snow.

And our first power outage.

Luckily, our generator came on automatically, restoring power to the whole house.

I'm definitely adding "snow" to my list of things I love about living in the foothills.

And I'm hoping for more flakes in the coming months.

Because I have to get Brian back for throwing a snowball at me.

J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have just had a chance to have a longer look at your lovely posts. I am very envious of your snow and deers,sitting here in the sweltering heat of Sydney, it just doesn't have that same Christmas feel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...