Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thankful for Snow

Howdy!

Here's another layout I created during my winter break.

For this page, I used Cathy Zielske's Layered Template No. 76.


(Click on the image to make it appear larger in a new window.)

After reading this blog post by Cathy Zielske, I purchased the template and planned to scrapbook our Thanksgiving get-together. But as I was sifting through recent photos on our external hard drive--with a lens of thankfulness--I came across these pictures and thought this layout would be a perfect way to celebrate our first snowfall.

Journaling:
Mother Nature surprised us with a few inches of snow tonight. It was our first experience with snow in our new Colfax house. Brian and I were giddy with delight! This quote by Anne Sexton captures what I felt: "I am younger each year at the first snow. When I see it, suddenly, in the air, all little and white and moving; then I am in love again and very young and I believe in everything." I am thankful that Brian was home to see the snow falling, to catch snowflakes on his tongue, and to enjoy the quiet with me. I'm also thankful that our generator popped right on when the power went out. November 2010


(Click on the image to make it appear larger in a new window.)

As you can see, I went back and added some white snowflakes (decreasing the opacity to 50%) in the top right corner to balance out the page, but I think I prefer the original version. Which do you like better?

This weekend, I'm looking forward to finishing up two more layouts that I've been working on for the past week.

Toodles,
J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...