Friday, February 4, 2011

San Diego Layout

Recently, I discovered an old binder with a clear page protector inside stuffed full of photos, handwritten notes, brochures and other ephemera from our trip to San Diego in 2000.

Yep, you read that right: 2000.

It's clear I had every intention of scrapbooking this trip years ago, but for one reason or another, never followed through.

Surely, now is as good a time as any--even if it is eleven years later.


For this layout, I relied on a Cathy Zielske digital template as the basis for the design. In other words, while this is NOT a digital layout--it's a traditional scrapbook page--I used one of CZ's templates to help me arrange the photos and text on an 11" x 8.5" piece of white cardstock.


I've also found that magazines such as Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living often provide me with inspiration for scrapbooking layouts.


Journaling: In July 2000, Brian and I ventured down to San Diego for a week. While there, we experienced all of the touristy attractions...Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and the Wild Animal Park. Brian loved attending a Padres game and visiting Kansas City BBQ (the spot where a scene from Top Gun was filmed). I adored dining at George's in La Jolla and then watching a wedding take place on the beach. It was seven days of being together--having fun and growing in love.

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...