Thursday, April 14, 2011

Five Favorite Things

Happy Thursday!

It's STAR testing week at school, which means I have less prepping and grading to do and a bit more time to "play" at home.

I'm working on a few crafty projects, but all of them are still in progress, so I thought I would share my five favorite things right now.


1- Fresh flowers on the dining room table (Thanks, Babe!)


2- My newly organized closet, which is sorted into three main categories: 1) workout clothes; 2) pants/shorts/skirts; 3) tops (shirts/sweaters/sweatshirts). After reading this blog post, I decided to organize my tops by color. This new system is helping me select outfits faster! (That's definitely a good thing because at 5:30 a.m. my eyes are only halfway open!)

3-The Happiness Project. I'm only two chapters into this memoir/self-help book, but I'm finding Gretchen Rubin's thoughts on how to be a happier person both thought-provoking and inspiring.



4-A fellow crafter and blogger, Dawn McVey, turned me onto Pinterest a few weeks ago.
It's so fun to browse this website, which is brimming with eye candy. I've added "create a pinboard" to my spring break to-do list.


5-I saved the best for last. Today, I switched from AT&T to Verizon Wireless and bought an iPhone 4. Yippee! I can now receive phone calls and text messages at home.

Life is good. Really good.

Hope you're having a splendid week!

J

P.S. Speaking of cell phones, this blog post by Brene Brown--about none other than cell phone habits--really resonated with me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...