Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life List Update


Six months ago, I created a Life List.

It's similar to a bucket list in that it contains things I'd like to experience/do/create/accomplish before I die.

Number 23 on my list: Fly in a vertical wind tunnel.

As you can see from the photo above, I did it!

I'm sure you're wondering: Was it fun to fly?

To quote Napoleon Dynamite, "Heck yes it was!"

Would I do it again?

In a heartbeat!


Will I ever try outdoor skydiving?

My answer before this experience: Absolutely not!

My answer now: Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly.

Below, you'll see that I've crossed #23 off my list as well as the other items I've accomplished since October.

And I've added a few more goals to my list.

Outdoor skydiving, however, did not make the list. I need to do more research, talk to people who have done it, build up my courage reserves, get over my fear of heights, etc.

But you never know, maybe one of these days, I'll add it to the list.

1) Plant some peonies

2) Host a Bunco night

3) Drink in the beauty that is Yellowstone

4) Visit the Grand Canyon

5) Show Brian where I grew up in Washington

6) Learn to two-step with my hubby

7) Buy a pair of red cowgirl boots (Note: My new boots are brown, not red, but oh so pretty! I can't wait to wear them out.)

8) Sing a song while my husband plays the piano

9) Learn to whistle

10) Become a mom

11) Attend the farmer's market in Auburn

12) Eat at McCormick & Schmick's

13) Take a road trip here in the good 'ol U.S.A.

14) Remodel a bathroom (or two!) in our new house

15) Visit Alaska

16) Start a collection of milk glass

17) Make a list of all the books I've read/listened to in 2010

18) See the fall leaves in the Northeast

19) Visit Niagara Falls

20) Drink sweet tea in the south

21) Experience Switzerland again

22) Rent a red Corvette (a 5-speed of course!) and drive it for the weekend

23) Fly in a vertical wind tunnel

24) Financially support someone in achieving his or her college degree

25) Visit Notre Dame

26) Visit Canada

27) Travel to Nashville

28) Tour the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina

29) Publish a piece of writing.

30) Earn first place for a greeting card or scrapbook layout at the State Fair

Not only did I feel a sense of accomplishment striking through those seven items, but I also enjoyed reminiscing about the experiences.

And I'm more eager than ever to tackle additional items on my list.

Do you have a Life List? If so, how's it going?

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...