Friday, May 27, 2011

A Special Anniversary

Ten years ago, two of my good friends, Nicole and Steve, tied the knot.

I was a bridesmaid in their wedding; Brian was my handsome date.

Their outdoor wedding was beautiful, and their reception was a blast!

With this in mind, I knew that a store-bought card would not do--not for an occasion as momentous as their tenth wedding anniversary.

So, about a month ago, I started thinking about the design of their anniversary card. From the get-go, I knew I wanted to incorporate the number ten.

From there, I thought about color. As I ruminated over color combinations, this thought popped into my head, "Why not use their wedding colors in the card?"

With the number 10 and purple, black and white in mind, here's what I came up with.




And while this purple is not spot-on (it's darker than the bridesmaid dresses), it's as close as I could get, using just the paper in my stash.


Congratulations, Nicole and Steve, on a decade of marriage!

Hope you have a fabulous anniversary celebration and many more years of wedded happiness.

J

1 comment:

Steve and Nicole said...

You are wonderful friends. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. We had a great time in Monterey and will talk to you soon.

Thanks to your encouragement I dug out our wedding video and we watched it this morning. Some good laughs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...