Friday, July 8, 2011

Project Life, 6/17-6/20

Happy Friday!

Hope you've had a great week.

I'm back with a look at our travel adventures from June 17-June 20, 2011.


June 17: Even though I've visited my grandparents in Northern Virginia many times over the past 30 years, I'd never set foot in Colonial Williamsburg prior to our trip.

It was so fun to take a step back in time in this historic capital and watch a series of live reenactments. It was like taking U.S. History 101 again. I loved that the characters were all dressed in clothing (and wigs) fashionable during the 1700s.

During our time in Colonial Williamsburg, Brian and I toured the Capitol building, the Guardhouse, the Randolph House, and the Bruton Parish Church. We also wandered into a number of shops along the way, including those belonging to the weaver, the gunsmith, and the shoemaker.

Reminder: You can click on any photo to make it appear larger.




While in Williamsburg, we also checked out the College of William and Mary as well as hit the stores for some shopping. I had no idea that Williamsburg is home to A TON of outlet stores. In the Williamsburg Premium Outlets (with a whopping 135 stores), I found a black fleece at the Columbia outlet, which will be perfect for next winter.

June 18: We spent the first part of the day driving from Williamsburg to Alexandria. In Alexandria, we met up with my grandparents at the nursing home where my grandfather resides. It was wonderful to take a tour of the facility and eat dinner in the dining hall.


June 19: Father's Day and my birthday

It was a day to be with family--to laugh, to celebrate, and to share.

It was a day filled with hugs, catching-up, opening presents, blowing out candles, taking pictures, reading Facebook messages, reflecting, writing, and just purely enjoying life.


I wanted to save my birthday cards, so I slipped them into a page protector.


June 20: Tour of Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home) in Charlottesville, Virginia followed by dinner with Noah in Knoxville, Tennessee


After dinner at the Downtown Grill & Brewery, Noah, Brian and I walked around the downtown area, stopping to browse at two adorable stores: Bliss and Bliss Home.

I'll be back tomorrow with more Project Life.

Toodles,
J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...