Saturday, July 9, 2011

Project Life, 6/21-6/22

Howdy!

I'm back with the last Project Life installment...for now.


During the last two days of our vacation, we spent additional time in Nashville.

June 21st: Just minutes from our hotel was a Sonic restaurant. And since we'd never eaten there before, we figured we'd try it. Pulling up into a parking space and not actually getting out of the car to eat was a little strange. I was hoping our server was going to roller skate to our car, but she just walked out. My disappointment, however, was quickly replaced by joy when I learned that Sonic serves tater tots. I'd rather have tots than fries any day of the week!


Later on that day, we drove out to the Grand Ole Opry to see a show. Not only did we hear Chris Young sing (again), but we were also treated to performances by Mark Wills and Rodney Adkins. Little Jimmy Dickens, who is 90 years old now, also made an appearance. What a hoot he is--still singing, playing, and telling stories!




June 22nd: Our flight home wasn't until 6:00, so we drove into downtown Nashville for lunch at the Wildhorse Saloon. Following lunch, we played a mean game of air hockey, looked at cowboy boots in a nearby store, and then made the long trek (16 blocks or so) to Music Row, the heart of Nashville's entertainment industry.


On our way back to the car, it started to rain and by the time we reached our vehicle, we were both pretty drenched.

Our "road trip" came to its official conclusion at the Nashville airport, where we learned that we had traversed nearly 1900 miles during our journey.

A big thanks to my husband who drove ALL of those miles, getting us safely from place-to-place over the course of 13 days.


In the airport, as we waited for our flight home, I replayed our vacation in my mind.

Yes, I was sad that our trip was coming to an end, but at the same time, I felt thankful for all of the wonderful memories Brian and I had made. I had loved attending the CMA Music Fest.
I had loved spending time with my Virginia family and my friend, Noah. I had loved visiting places I'd never been, trying foods I'd never tasted before.

But I was excited to get home. To see our dogs. To sleep in my own bed. To putter around the house. To eat a home cooked meal. (Eating out, every day, had really started getting old.) And I was looking forward to documenting this fantastic road trip in my Project Life book.

Thanks for letting me share our vacation memories with you!

Going forward, my plan is to continue to add photos, journaling cards, and ephemera to my PL book--not on a daily basis (as I did on our vacation)--but as often as I can.

J

P.S. If you couldn't make it to Nashville for the CMA Music Fest, check out ABC's TV special, 'CMA Music Fest: Country's Night to Rock' on Sunday, August 7 at 5:00 PM (PST).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...