Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Five Favorite Things

Hello there!

This week, Brian is working two overtime shifts, so I am spending lots of time with the baby, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, reading, and doing some writing for my class.  

I'm also in the midst of writing a blog post about traveling with a baby, but today I just want to share my five {favorite} things.  Here they are:

1) This cookbook is awesome!  So far, I've made four dishes, and they've all been super duper delicious.  The copy I'm currently using belongs to our local library, but I hope to have my very own book soon.  



2) I'm loving my herbs and plant markers!  In mid-April, I planted basil, cilantro and oregano in our yard.  While the oregano never materialized, the basil and cilantro (pictured above) are growing strong.  After seeing these Etsy plant markers, I decided to make my own using twigs from our yard, alphabet stamps from Studio G, and Stampin' Up! stamp pads.  The ink color is already fading, though, so if I make a future set for our vegetable garden, I'll be sure to heat set the ink before placing the markers outside.



3) This target is one of my favorite things, too.  I know some of you might be thinking, What in the world?!  You shot a gun?!  Why, yes.  Yes, I did.  Let me explain: Recently, I took a basic pistol course to learn how to safely shoot a handgun.  During the 8-hour course, I learned a ton about revolvers and semi-automatic weapons, and then shot a .22 at an indoor range, along with five other women.  Was I nervous initially?  Heck yes I was!  Did I enjoy it?  Heck yes I did!  The best part: I didn't shoot myself or anyone else.  And my target doesn't look half-bad, considering it was my first time shooting a handgun.  Just call me Calamity Jennie. :-) 


4) Now that Noah is sleeping in his own room, I can again read in bed before nodding off to sleep.  Right now, I'm reading Quiet:  The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking and Growing Up Amish


5) I've saved the best for last: Noah's leg rolls.  Aren't they just the cutest?!  I absolutely adore our chubby baby boy!

What are your five {favorite} things right now?

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...