Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brian!

Brian & Noah | Father's Day | June 2012
Today is my husband's 34th birthday.

{Happy Birthday, Babe!}

Brian is an amazing man, husband and friend.  Not to mention, a great dad.

Being that it's Brian's special day, I'm going to take this opportunity to gush a little about him.
 

As I was thinking about what I wanted to write in this post, the following question came to mind: If a stranger turned to you and said, "Tell me about your husband," what would you say?

I'd say...

He is selfless, giving generously of his time, his talent, and his treasure.  He's the kind of man who pulls over to help someone who has a flat tire or needs some gas.

He loves sports, both watching and playing.  His favorite teams are: Notre Dame, the New York Mets and the 49ers.

He enjoys a challenge.  Case in point: He completed the Tough Mudder last weekend.

He loves competition.  It seems he's always engaged in Fantasy something-or-other with his friends. 

He is a mean cook.  By that, I mean great.  I'm salivating just thinking about his honey walnut shrimp.  Yum!

He is outgoing.  He has the ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone.

He loves technology.  His iPhone and iPad are always close by. 

He is a free spirit who dislikes planning, list-making, and schedules.  (This can be challenging married to a Type-A person like myself!)

He is a conservative, through and through.

He loves television, especially FOX News and ESPN.  

He has a green thumb, much like his father and his grandfather.

He can be stubborn.  (Then again, so can I!) 

He has faith in the Lord.  He truly believes God will provide us with what we need.

He says "whatnot" a lot.  When Brian was gone for two weeks in August, he sent me a text message with the word whatnot in it and I smiled, realizing how much I'd missed "hearing" him say that.

He is funny.  His self-deprecating humor makes people laugh.

He is a wonderful dad.  He feeds Noah, changes his diapers, plays with him, and often takes him on errands, so I can have a break.

I hope our son, Noah, grows up to be just like him.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...