Monday, September 24, 2012

Music for Kids on Pandora

Like a lot of people, I'm a big fan of Pandora!

I listen to it while I'm cooking, when I'm on the treadmill, and even occasionally while I'm driving in the car.

Every other night, when I give Noah a bath, we listen to music on Pandora via my iPhone.

But instead of listening to country music or Christian music, we listen to "Toddler Radio."

Toddler Radio is a great station for kids 4 and under with songs that are both fun and educational.  


A few nights ago, I took a screen shot of the Toddler Radio station as it played Over the Rainbow.

I'm familiar with many of the tunes played on Toddler Radio because I taught preschool and first grade.  But I've also discovered some new-to-me kids' music, thanks to Pandora.   

For instance, I learned that there is a CD with lullaby renditions of Journey songs.  How cool is that?  It's called Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Journey.  Rockabye Baby! has also produced CDs with lullaby renditions of songs by U2, the Beatles, Coldplay, Aerosmith and others.      

Over the past few months, I've been keeping a running list on my iPhone of kid songs I like, with the thought that I might want to purchase some of them on iTunes in the future.  (If you read my blog regularly, you know what a crazy list maker I am!)

Then one night last week, I thought, I wonder if there is a way to bookmark these songs in Pandora so I can look them up on iTunes later?  

Of course, Pandora is way ahead of me; there is already a bookmark feature.  You just have to know where to look!



I'll show you how to quickly access the bookmark feature in case you're interested. 

To bookmark a song, go down to the bottom of the screen where the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons are located.  Click on the triangle between the thumbs and this menu will pop up.


As you can see, you have several options.  I use the bookmark feature often.  But you can also buy songs on iTunes through Pandora.



You might be wondering which artists/CDs I've bookmarked in the past week.
Here's my list:
Artists: Jackson 5, Elizabeth Mitchell, Frances England, Laura Doherty, Chris Rice
CDs: Songs for Wiggle Worms, Rockabye Baby!

If you begin bookmarking songs and want to review your list from time-to-time, simply use the back arrow in the top left corner of the screen, which will take you to your list of stations.  From there, click on "bookmarks" at the bottom of the screen.  You can then select bookmarked tracks or artists.  

Perhaps, you have older kids who want to listen to fun and educational music on Pandora. This article on Pandora lists several kid-friendly station options, including one for tweens.  

Happy listening!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...