Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Update on My Summer List

Now that we've celebrated Labor Day, I think it's time to share an update on the summer list I created back at the beginning of June. 

Over the past three months, I've crossed 14 of the 17 items off my list.  

You can view my list here.  



Perhaps, my favorite completed item is #8: Revamp my blog.

With help from 17th Avenue Designs, my blog has a whole new look.  The designer who created the template described it as "sweet and sassy."  I think that might be a fair description of me, too.  *wink*

I know many of you receive my blog posts via email, so I thought I'd include a few screenshots here of my new and improved blog.  (Feel free to check out my blog here.) 

In the shot above, you'll notice that I have a new header.  Goodbye, Life and Times of Jennie Rose.  Hello, Jennie Rose.

I added a tagline below the blog title.  I think it captures--in three words--what I'm truly focused on right now: Living life to the fullest, loving with all my heart, and learning as much as I can.

In the right sidebar, I updated the About Me section to reflect my new role as a stay-at-home mom. 


I also added a search bar and two feeds: Instagram and Twitter.



And last, but not least, I now have a special signature at the bottom of each post.  Goodbye, J.  Hello, Jennie. 

Now, back to my summer list.  You might be wondering which three items I did not accomplish.  And why? 

Here they are:


#2: Finalize Noah's adoption.
As I mentioned in my last post, Noah's adoption finalization is scheduled to happen this month.    

#4: Plant a peony bush in the yard.
Noah and I visited our local nursery this summer to see about buying a peony bush.  When I asked one of the master gardeners if the deer would stay away from the flowers, she shook her head no.  Hence why I've crossed this item off my summer list AND my Life List.  Guess I'll just have to buy peonies from the farmer's market.

#17: Document it all in my Project Life binder.
I'm not quite up-to-date on my Project Life pages.  I've finished the June pages, but still need to complete ones for July and August.  

Did any of you draft a summer bucket list?  If so, how did you do?

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...