Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Click Blogger Retreat



Today, I'm flying out to North Carolina for Click, a two-day photography and blogging retreat.

I'm both excited and nervous.   

I'm excited to learn from Ali Edwards and Me Ra Koh and Tracey Clark.

I'm excited to visit the Outer Banks, a locale that has long been on my "I wanna go there!" list. 

I'm excited to drink in the beautiful scenery, and capture it with my Nikon D700.  (Pray for no rain, okay?)

I'm excited to have nearly four days on my own.  (Wow, just typing that seems strange. Up until now, I've never been away from Noah for more than twelve hours.)  That means no diaper changes, no chasing after our active 21-month-old, no tantrums, and no diaper bag in tow.

I'm excited to have time to read and write and listen to music and people watch during my two travel days.

I'm excited to meet moms who love photography and blogging as much as I do.


While I'm on retreat, Brian is going to take great care of Noah.  (Thank you, thank you, thank you, Babe!)  I'm going to miss both of them something fierce.  

While I'm super excited, I'm also nervous.  Why? Because I'm going alone, which is a big 'ol challenge for an introverted person like me.

Several months ago, I came across this letter via Pinterest, and it really resonated with me as I thought about attending this retreat.  This letter is taped to the inside of my retreat journal. 

Source
I'm acknowledging the fear...and going anyway.   

In this blog post about the Click Retreat, photographer Me Ra Koh encourages retreat attendees to bring three things with them. 

Journal, check.

Camera, check.

A spirit ready to be replenished and inspired, check.

Click, here I come!






P.S. While I'm away, you can see some of my iPhone snaps on Instagram (username: jharless).  And when I return, I'll be sure to post some of my favorite photos here on my blog.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...