Friday, November 29, 2013

Children's Books About Adoption

Since welcoming Noah into our family last year, a number of people have asked us whether we're planning to tell Noah that he is adopted.

The answer: Yes!

Noah is still too young to comprehend the nature of adoption, but lately, I've been thinking about the ways in which we (Brian and I) might want to facilitate the discussion.

One way that comes to mind is through the use of children's books.

We currently own three children's books about adoption, all of which I'd highly recommend.


1 | I Wished for You
Oh man, I bawled the first time I read this adoption story.  And even now, having flipped through it several times, I still get teary eyed.  A wonderful book. 



2| God Found Us You
We received this book from friends on the day Noah's adoption was finalized.  A great read.



3| Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
A more lighthearted, but equally endearing read, this book was penned by actress Jamie Lee Curtis, who adopted two children. 

I've also heard good things about A Blessing From Above and A Mother for ChocoI'm planning to purchase both of them in the near future. 

Which children's books about adoption would you recommend? 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...